OPEN BOARD POSITIONS
- President (2-year term) - Are you a leader, organized, and work well with others? That is a good start!
- Treasurer (2-year term) - Do you have any accounting/booking experience? Organized and comfortable with finances? Let’s talk!
- Operations Director (2-year term) - Are you very organized and like to solve puzzles? Seriously, then this might be for you as you work on the league's ice schedule/allocations for each team.
- Secretary (2-year term) - Organized, creative, maybe a little technical? These are good attributes for the position. In addition to taking the membership meeting minutes, you will oversee the website and bulletin boards at the rink.
Send Bios to the Election Committee by May 1.
Cara Denison – email@example.com
Tammy Comstock - firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Heppermann - email@example.com
OPEN VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
- House Coaches
- Travel Team Managers
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- Elementary School Coordinator
- Publicity Coordinator
- House Referee Coordinator
- Bulletin Board Administrator
Stamford Youth Hockey is run by a team of volunteers. Your involvement in any capacity is vital to the operation of SYHA. If you have an interest in assisting with any of the areas below please reach out by clicking below. If you only have a little time to spare or can help in areas not listed below we can use that too! Just let us know! We have many small, quick jobs during tryouts, events, fundraisers and at other times during the year.
House Coaches (3 hours/wk in-season): OPEN
If you are interested in being a coach, or assistant coach please contact the House Coordinators or firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Team Managers OPEN
Team managers coordinate schedule, assist coaches in communications, organize after game snacks, ensure all documentation is in order, etc. If you are interested in being a team manager please contact your team's coach.
CHC Representative (2 hours/month in-season): OPEN
Sponsorship Coordinator: OPEN
It is important that each team has a sponsor to provide uniforms for each House team. The Individual/Committee is responsible for finding sponsors for each team before the season begins. The sponsors should also be recognized for their contribution.
Elementary School Promotion (1 hour/wk in-season): OPEN
This person is in charge of promoting our Tiger Shark and House programs. Contact with Stamford and area schools to distribute flyers, advertisements in the Advocate and Norwalk Hour, etc… and other activities designed to promote SYHA to our area youngsters.
Publicity Coordinator: OPEN
All SYHA players want to see their name in the Stamford Advocate. This Committee must gather the results posted from the website and coordinate getting this information to the Advocate sports editor. Coordinate with the team coaches and managers to get this information submitted on a timely basis.
House Referee Coordinator: OPEN
Requires communication with the person in charge of referees, all teams and tournament groups as well as Terry Conners rink. Must be able to make adjustments due to schedule changes and communicate these changes to be sure referees are at each game.
Bulletin Board Administrator (2 hours/month in-season): OPEN
There is a bulletin board at TCR that is available for posting information about the teams and the organization. This person should gather relevant information and display this information creatively.