Learn to Play / Tiger Sharks
A partnership with SYHA, New York Rangers Hockey, USA Hockey and the NHL
Getting started in hockey has never been easier or more convenient! This introductory program will teach your child the basic skills of skating, stick-handling, passing and shooting through ten 1-hour lessons. In addition, they will learn the importance of hard work, teamwork and sportsmanship
How old do I need to be?
The program is open to boys and girls between 4-9 years of age.
What is it and who is it intended for?
Our Tiger Sharks program is for beginners to learn to "play" hockey. A basic skating ability is required.
Saturday mornings 1x per week at Terry Conners Rink
There are 3 sessions throughout the season, each lasting 10 weeks.
Never skated before or not without assistance?
For those students that have never skated before, we recommend taking introductory skating lessons which can be found at Terry Conners Rink.
What is the cost
Stamford Tiger Sharks
$195 + 2% Processing Fee
- 10 weeks of on-ice instruction
- Tiger Sharks jersey
- No Hockey Equipment Included
NY Rangers Learn To Play
$295 + 2.9% Processing Fee
- 10 weeks on-ice instruction
- Hockey Equipment Included (first time players only)
- Allow up to 3 weeks for delivery of equipment
- Make sure to have your skates sharpened before taking to the ice for the first time
For those players that require equipment
We recommend you enroll with our partner program, the NY Junior Rangers Learn to Play. First time players will receive new hockey equipment with their enrollment.
Is there a difference between SYHA Tiger Sharks and NY Junior Rangers Learn To Play?
Both programs will run together on the same ice and at the same time. It does not matter what program you have registered for as all players will receive the same instruction and lessons.
Do I need hockey equipment?
Full hockey equipment is required and NOT included with your Tiger Sharks registration.
- Helmet (HECC approved*) with cage
- Mouth Guard (suggested, but not required)
- Neck Guard
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Gloves
- Hockey Jersey & Socks provided by SYHA
- Hockey Pants
- Shin Guards
- Cup/Jock/Shorts (different versions for under the pants - look for Velcro tabs to support socks)
- Hockey Skates
- Stick - Tape (any color!) for top of stick and blade
- Hockey Equipment Bag
If you have any questions regarding the SYHA Tiger sharks or NY Rangers "Learn to Play" please contact:
Check Back Later...
We are not currently accepting registrations for this program.