Thank you for volunteering to schedule for an SYHA travel team.
Below outlines the general setup and guidelines as well as links to the CHC site which is where you can find updated guidelines.
Please read and familiarize yourself with these guidelines at the start of each season so that you do not have any issues with your team qualifying for the state tournament at the end of the season.
AT THE START OF THE SEASON:
- Register to be a team scheduler, this will allow you to post games on the CHC website and to enter game scores throughout the season (link: https://www.leagueathletics.com/Registration/Default.asp?n=43592&org=chchockey.org)
- Register as a volunteer at MyHockey so that you can enter scores for that rating site (link: https://myhockeyrankings.com/contribute.php)
How to score a sheet
1. Age Level - team type such as mite, squirt etc.
2. Date – date of the game.
3. Rink - where game is being played.
4. Home & Visiting Teams - print your CHC Association name here along with the type of team Tier I, A, A1, B etc. Do not print Joe’s Mobil or the Bruins.
5. Player Info - names and numbers of players. It’s great to use stickers but you must remember to cross off on all copies the names of the players not in uniform for that game.
6. Coaches Info – PRINT coaches’ names, their USA Hockey Coaching Education Program (CEP) card number, their CEP level (1-Initiation, 2-Associate, 3-Intermediate, 4-Advanced or 5-Master) and the date on the card (from the sticker on the back of the card) on every score sheet. All coaches must be certified at the proper level. This information can be included on the player info sticker.
7. Home & Visitor Verification – one coach from each team MUST sign the score sheet.
8. Scoring - enter goals and assists as they are called by the referees - remember to enter and circle the total score for each team.
9. Saves – enter the goalie's number and track all saves (not shots). If the game is split between two goalies repeat the process on the second line.
10. Penalties - enter penalties as they are called by the referees.
11. This area is for the referees to print and sign their names. Please have all
referees print their state number next to his or her name.